So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Small and Mighty

I have a blue ceramic pot that I leave out all winter. Every year the ants come marchin', not two by two, but hundred by hundred! Although they are agravating, they are also amazing. This year I turned over the pot to let the dirt out. You could see all the ant tunnels. It was soooo fascinating! I left the empty pot upside down. The next day I came to check on things and move the pot, and what did I find? The ants had already moved over an inch of dirt to rebuild their home in their pot!
These guys are examples of how to live. Their home was completely destroyed, and what do they do? No pouting for them...they just get to work and fix things. You can't see them well in the photo, but they are all working together and busy as can be. I think there are many lessons in that.

3 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

Maybe that is one reason that boys seemed so fasinated by ants. I watch my boys as they build fort after fort. No matter how many times I take them down with in a few days another one springs back up somewhere else.

ABranch said...

I love to watch ants too! They are an amazing group of insects.

Leslie Moseley said...

Do you think your ants would wanna come fix MY house? lol