So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Monday, April 13, 2009

I Met Lord Byron on a Plane

I had the priviledge of flying to Ohio to see my sister Stephanie. We had a fabulous time eating out at delicious restaurants, shopping at ooo-la-la stores, and talking, talking, talking! One thing I love about flying is getting to meet fascinating people. First I met a man is his 50's named Ralph. He is a retired investor who doesn't have a "home", but travels where the wind takes him instead. He gets to meet many people and see amazing places. Later, I met Max who is a manager for a mine in Denver. He was going to see his grandkids for Easter. We had a lovely conversation, and as we left, he told some folks that I was the Ambassador of Salt Lake City...I'm quite partial to the title.
I also met "Lord Byron", aka Byron Wade. I mentioned that one of my favorite people is Mother Teresa because we share a name; He said that when he was young he studied Lord Byron because he shared his name. He is a freelance graphic designer, who is also a semi-professional photographer. He has been to many places around the world. Two of his favorites is an island off of Australia and Greece. (Don't even get me started on how envious I am.) His work is creative and beautiful. You can see some of his photos at his website:

http://wellbeyondphotography.photoworkshop.com/
And Byron, if you are reading this, you are "mad, bad, and dangerous to know".

3 comments:

nettelyn said...

Teresa- you are an insanely incurable extrovert- and I mean that in a very GOOD way:) I wish I had the nerve to even ask for directions sometimes. I was on a 6 hour flight once and hardly spoke to the stranger next to me (I was born shy). Yes, I know I miss out on meeting interesting people. Many times I've had conversations that turn painful b/c I don't know how to continue or end it gracefully. How do you handle those "awkward" moments??

Migaloo said...

My wife is delightfully creative and rarely at a loss for words. No such animal as awkward moments for her. Unless, of course, you are referring to her comments about certain hymns which which can lead to hilariously awkward moments for us both. But that is a story for another blog.

Stizz said...

How lucky was I to have to Ambassador visit my home?! :)