So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hope of Easter

I wanted to pause today to give gratitude for all the life that comes with Easter. All the color that comes in spring is such a lift to me, especially after a long winter. I yearn for flowers and new growth. I have always felt connected to the earth, especially this time of year.
There is a greater Life to celebrate today, and that is the life of our Savior. I am so humbled by His love and have deep gratitude for His atonement that allows me to have new life, through resurrection and repentance. I have had a lot of let downs in my life and I know I have let many people down. But Heavenly Father and Christ have never let me down, and I am so thankful today for them.

2 comments:

Leslie Moseley said...

And how nice to have a sun-shiny day for Easter!

Patricia Kay said...

At church today I was teaching the 4-7 year olds about our Saviors sacrifice. I was worried that they would be too young to understand its important meaning but when I asked if they knew why Heavenly Father sent his son they surprised me. "He loves us because he wants us back and Jesus is our big brother." They got it.