So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spoiled at Stephanie's

I mentioned earlier that I visited my sister Stephanie and her husband Dave in Columbus, Ohio. I had a wonderful time. I never had to cook, or clean, and was able to relax. The best part was talking with Stephanie for hours, and seeing my brother Brent in Michigan on a whirlwind trip. I thought I'd share a few photos.
We saw a fine arts display on OSU campus and then I got a tour. It is a beautiful campus; a lot of old architecture, which I love.
They took me to a restaurant in the German Village, named Thurmans. It has been featured on the cable program "Man vs. Food". Here is a photo of Dave tackling the Thurman burger, which is insane! Several hamburger patties, loads of cheese, mushrooms, onions, and layers of ham, and bunches of other stuff crammed in. Steph and I were less brave and spilt a delicious chicken sandwich. It certainly was
fun to watch Dave eat his crazy burger.



Another great place they took me to was La Chatelaine, a french bakery/bistro. The macaroons were divine! I ate at sooo many yummy places, it's hard to come home and have to cook again. We had burritos tonight. A real thrill. Yes, I was spoiled.




7 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

I have such gorgeous sisters!
That hambuger looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.
It looks like you had a wonderful time. I am so happy that you got to visit.

ABranch said...

Wow! such a great trip! I love the picture of the hamburger and your brother. Did he eat it all? :)

tink said...

Yep, aside from a few pickles and onions, Dave ate it all! My stomach hurts just looking at it.

Mindy said...

WOW!! How fun! The bistro sounds heavenly! Everyone needs a little pampering once in a while!

Migaloo said...

I want to go to Thurman's and to the Bistro! Oh yeah, and it would be nice to see Steph and Dave.

VJBlair said...

I second the stomach ache comment. I can hardly look at that burger.

You guys look really good and a lot alike.

Stizz said...

What a great time we had. Thank you so much for coming. We definately have to do it again! I don't think Migaloo would be as lucky as you to get to visit us. He has to work on the sending of the presents and such. :)