So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, May 1, 2009

What's Growing in my Garden

Yesterday I took some time to do a little yard work. I was impressed and awed by what I found and thought I'd share it with you. So sit back and enjoy a scrumpious feast for the eyes! Isn't our world beautiful! (In order our showstoppers today are: Anemone, Early bloom Yellow Tulips, flowering ground cover mixed with little purple anemones, Winter Rose, Bleeding Hearts, Crabapple Tree blossoms, Nectarine Tree blossoms, and Red Tulips.)





























7 comments:

VJBlair said...

Are those all in your yard. WOW! Sometimes I wish I loved to garden then my yard might look better. I just need someone to do it for me.

Very pretty!

Patricia Kay said...

It is amazing to me how each of these flowers evokes a different emotion. The early yellow tulips...warmth, energy and excitement. The anemone makes me want to protect it. It looks so delicate. All seasons have their own beauty but I love that with spring comes vibrant color.


(hum.. hum ..Tip toe through the tulips, won't you come along.. hmmm, hmmm...)

ABranch said...

You reminded me of how much I need to weed my own yard. If only the rain will stop....

Maghann said...

I love how much knowledge you have stuffed up in that head of yours about gardening (plus a thousand other interesting fun facts) - you are an inspiration my dear!! Hey - 'member when you were trying to tell me how to bring sweet potato vines in for the winter and continue growing them for the next year? could you re-educate me on that? My mom would really love to know and I just can't remember!!

tink said...

No prob, Maghann my dear. It's complicated, so get a pen. First, dig them up and put them in an indoor pot. Second, bring them in. The end. =)

Maghann said...

Of course it would be that easy - well you are just too la-ti-da for me Missy!!

Stizz said...

Did you take these pictures? They look too good. :) I am excited for the time when I have a yard I can do something with. Actually, we're going to get some big pots and some planters for the back deck. We're going to do some tomatos and maybe some other veggies. :)