So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Hourglass Door

A gal in my neighborhood just got published!!! Lisa Mangum is a talented editor, and who knew...she's a talented writer as well. I'm so impressed! She's living one of my dreams. Lisa was kind enough to give me an advance reader's copy last month. "The Hourglass Door" is a teenage drama/fantasy, but all ages will enjoy the creative idea of a time machine designed by Divinci and made by his apprentice, Dante. I also like that the heroine's last name is Edmunds, spelled correctly too.
Her book officially came out this week. So to celebrate, I'm doing another giveaway. (Not her book unfortunately, but fun anyway.) Post a comment on what books you love or enjoy and you'll be entered to win a $10 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble! The drawing will be Friday, May 22nd. I know, I'm fabulous. (To see some of my favorite books, view my profile.)

9 comments:

ABranch said...

I will consume any thing Edward Abbey! He is a cranky old man that writes with his heart and says anything on his mind with sincerity and beauty. One of my favorite quotes is (since we are speaking of writing) is "Our job is to record, each in [her] own way, this world of light and shadow and time that will never come again exactly as it is today."

Leslie Moseley said...

I'm a fan of Clive Cussler. I love his main character Dirk Pitt and the adventures he goes on. I also really enjoy James Michner's epic books and have read several, including Hawaii.

buttercup said...

I really loved the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and am looking forward to its sequel coming out in September. I just finished reading The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I think I liked the movie better, but was glad to have read the book. Nathan wants me to read the Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan so I will start those soon and I also just read Zach's Lie and Jack's Run by Roland Smith with Kielle.

Mindy said...

I LOVE books!! My faves that I am currently reading are "Mothering With Spiritual Power" "Inspiration Your Ultimate Calling" and "Becoming Celestial Soul Mates" All fabulous reads so far!! ...And that is so neat about Lisa!! Sounds like an intriguing book!

Merry Robin said...

I love Robin McKinley's work, I've been reading her all my life. I also love to read Tolken. But as far as reading out loud to my boys I love the Skippyjon Jones books by Judy Schachner!

VJBlair said...

I love anything by Jane Austen. I also enjoy a select few by Anita Stansfield. My favorite of her is "The Towers of Briarly." I also love a good biography.

Stizz said...

I always loved the Ramona books growing up. Maybe because she kind of reminded me of me. :)

Anonymous said...

i love the percy jackson series, its a kid book so probably not many people have heard of it.... its about the greek gods with a modern twist :)

Patricia Kay said...

I am so bummed that I missed this one. Thats what I get for not keeping up to date on things. I will still put in my two cents because I know you are dying to know. I always enjoy reading Junie B. Jones books. I love a good laugh.