So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sweet Salt Lake City Sounds

Okay, I guess I'm on a music kick. Last month I discovered a band that got its start in Salt Lake City...Late Night Alumni. They were in Park City during the fall, promoting their new album, and I missed it, bummer. Their music is often played in clubs and their first album "Empty Streets", out 4 years ago was a big hit in big cities, especially in Europe. I got their first CD off Amazon. It's out of print and an import, but only $20. I like it better than the new one "Of Birds,Bees, Butterflies, etc." , but both are worth a listen. I especially love "The Rest of You", "Beautiful", and "Eros". Enjoy!

2 comments:

buttercup said...

I love hearing about new music. I would love it if you would link to places we can listen to samples! I'll have to check these guys out.

Stizz said...

This music definatley reminds me of you...smooth. :) I like "Beautiful" too. I like her voice. Makes me want to be on vacation relaxings somewhere, with the occational dance with my man. :) Thanks for sharing!