So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nuc Em!

I teach the 9 year olds at church. Kids constantly crack me up. Today I was teaching about Adam and Eve. I told them how Eve was supposed to be the first to choose life out of the Garden, because if Adam had chosen first, it would have been forcing Eve to have children. God is all about letting us choose and not forcing us, so He wouldn't have let Adam force her. I asked the kids why they thought Eve should have been the one to choose. Tim said "Because girls have babies, not boys." Noah said "Yeah, and it's really painful!" I agreed and said it's hard work and hurts and that's why when they get married, and if their wives have a baby, they should be there to hold her hand and give her whatever she wants. I told them, "If she asks for something strange, like pickles and chocolate, you just give them to her. And if she asks for more pain medication because it hurts, you say 'Hey doc, get over here and give her some more pain medicine.' " Noah said, "Yeah, and maybe she'll ask for a bomb." I was like, WHAT? Outloud I replied that I didn't think his wife would ask for a bomb and risk her little baby. He said, "Well, she may say 'After all this pain, I wanna Nuc this place!" Oh dear, oh dear. 9 year old boys are so bizarre, but at least he's got it that delivering a baby can be painful. =)

4 comments:

Stizz said...

Well, is that true? Did you ever want to "Nuc" the place? lol Ah the minds of boys...do they really ever grow out of that? I can speak from experience...Dave has some pretty random thoughts that he'll somehow tie into conversations. :)

ABranch said...

I would like to live the dream that if Adam had made the choice then the men would be having the babies.... Lets nuke Eve. LOL! Just kidding, of course. (We all know the men could not handle it.)

Maghann said...

I miss Noah's comments!! He is so funny - the things that they say :)

Patricia Kay said...

I laughed so hard when I read this. It maybe that I relate a little too well to this type of comment. :) Boys do keep things lively.