So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What is it?

Like all of you, I woke up to a winter wonderland! As I was shoveling, I saw a simple, fascinating site and had to snap a shot. I have a $10 See's gift card for the first one to identify the item in this photo. If no one gets it right, the prize will go to the closest guess. Good luck and Stay Warm!

6 comments:

Maghann said...

Is it a window on your vehicle??

nettelyn said...

the garbage can??

Patricia Kay said...

It looks plastic but since nettelyn took garbage can (I think she's right),I will say the pipe that goes around you tree to protect it.

ABranch said...

I think it looks like something metal (since I am not sure that plastic will create snow stars). I am also going to assume that you presented the item in the correct orientation and that the snow on that particular day blew in a sideways fashion. I am amiss as to what would produce the ring like pattern except to say that it gives hint to the shape of said object; a tube. I will also take into account that this photo was taken in your yard or in a neighboring yard. If I put all this into my calculator, that I refer to as my noggin (and now as calculator), I come up with the guess of a pole. Like a mailbox or lamp pole.

Migaloo said...

The ring-like patterns are actually scratches. I had to go out and walk around the yard for a minute to figure this one out.

buttercup said...

my comments haven't been showing up :( THat's OK. I was totally wrong. I was looking at patterns in the ice crystals and guessed Ferb from Phineas and Freb.