So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Flashback Friday

I thought I might do a few of these from now on. Today I heard "Bennie and the Jets" from Elton John. It took me back to 1976. I was living in Lincoln, Nebraska and was about to start 3rd grade. We lived in a duplex. I heard it during a movie on tv and it became my favorite song that year. I've loved it ever since. My friend Lori had a 45 record player and she had a record of her favorite song "Philedelphia Freedom". We would listen to it over and over as we dressed up our Barbie dolls. These songs take me back to a happy, simple time and the songs are classic.
.

2 comments:

ABranch said...

Great song and great memories! A song that takes me back is the gambler by Kenny rogers. My dad used to listen to it, on this old boom box, in the garage as he fixed cars.

Patricia Kay said...

I heard this song this week and it got stuck in my head and after the 20th time through I was ready to change the record. No luck. I am impressed that you were listening to music other than primary songs in 3rd grade. You have always loved a good song. I remember a record you got that we use to dance to in the livingroom. Good times...
Thanks for sharing this memory.