So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

4+ Years and a Million Cramps Later....

Once upon a time, a little girl sweetly asked her mother to crochet a blanket for her. Not just any blanket, but one that would cover her double bed. The mother, not being able to resist the innocent blinking eyes and angel smile, lovingly agreed. She took her daughter's hand and together they skipped to the store to choose the yarn and brilliant colors. Little did the mom know, but the soft, crinkly, adorable yarn the girl chose was really a devil's web in disguise, just waiting to tangle and be downright stubborn...but for now all was peace and joy and the bells rang out the happiness of the moment....
Flash, or should I say crawl, forward almost 5 years and the blanket is FINALLY finished!!! It's about 6 feet by 4.5 feet. My hands are crippled and the air is still heavy with all my cussing and curmudgeonness, but it is done! Okay, so it took so long mostly because of my procrastination, but I really do HATE that yarn! Never again! Plus, it took almost an hour per line...urgh.... But, as is the case with me in most things, I still feel great pride and accomplishment when I look at the blanket and love to show it off, so here it is in all it's glory! Yes, you may post your praise. ;-)

7 comments:

ABranch said...

It was a terrible yarn but it looks so soft and comfy.
I once crotched a baby blanket while I was prego. The baby blanket came out the size of a doll blanket. I guess I am a tight crocheter.

Maghann said...

what a fantastic mother!! and a very angelic daughter :) will you now use that EXACT same yarn and EXACT same size and make me one for my baby? I want it done by the time It arrives :)

tink said...

Pah! I say pah to you Maghann. Well, I guess since you are such a special friend I'll do it. He/she/it will get it by the time you are a granny.

VJBlair said...

Wow, I am impressed! I think I would have given up on a project like that, or at least made it smaller.

What size hook did you use?

buttercup said...

Praise. Praise. Adoration....
No really, it is beautiful and truly a labor of love. She will cherish it forever--at least she better! :)

nettelyn said...

What a beautiful work of art! It gives me inspiration to stick to my started but not yet finished creations. (Which reminds me, I should start sewing "trek" clothing asap!)

Stizz said...

You know, I'm not surprised it looks so good because I know how talented you are...since I have a Teresa original of my own (yes I am special). :) Way to stick to it...now THAT takes talent.

P.S. I've commented on your other posts but I just went back to them and none of my comments are there...what's the deal!!

P.P.S. I like your new blog background...cute!

P.P.P.S. Since I'll be in town soon, do you want your beautful sister to teach you how to make friendship bracelets? lol ;)