So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Moonlight so Becoming

Have you noticed our moon this week. It has been full, and large and so beautiful. In the early evening it has been so big that you could see the dips and color changes across its surface. My little camera couldn't catch it's magnificence, but my eyes could. I have enjoyed it every night. It is so peaceful to look at it and think of its wonders.
The moon is also a tribute to our sun. It produces no light of its own, but it can reflect enough light from the sun to brighten thousands of miles at once. What a powerful sun! Sometimes it is overwhelming to think of the countless, fabulous creations out in our Milky Way. Though I cannot see them all, I appreciate what I can behold and treasure it. Good night everyone.

2 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

Justin and I have been running at night and it was beautiful! It was amazing how much light it reflected. On the nights that it was visible it made it seem warmer.

Mindy said...

Beautiful! Such a happy thought!