So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, March 12, 2010

The Birds Sing Good Morning

We put some bird seed out on our patio a few weeks ago and have enjoyed watching the little birds that come to have a breakfast nibble. They are very jittery and fly away at the slightest noise, so it's been difficult to get a photo. Here are a couple a managed to get. I love the one of the bird in the tree. The twig fell perfectly so that the bud looks like the bird's eye. I even caught the seed in its mouth! Yes, I'm patting myself on the back. When my friend Angie, a bird expert, gets back from her birding trip to Omah a, she'll have to tell me what kind of bird this is.

2 comments:

ABranch said...

You have House Finches! I love these little guys. They are probably the majority of bird song you here too (excluding the American Robin). Great shots too! The birds in the photos are Male. The Female birds do not have the red coloring.

Stizz said...

Nice job on the photos. It's been neat to see the different kinds of birds that live in Ohio. I've seen some pretty cool ones when I've gone running before, unfortunately I wasn't carrying my camera with me...maybe next time. :)