So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, June 5, 2009

I love Lucy!

For my sister Patricia (and because I love to show off my marvelous roses), here is Lucille Ball (which is no longer sold, so I'm very la-de-dah). She's even better in person, so come and see. I must give credit to my friend Yvonne who started this rose for me from a small cutting. So I guess she is more la-de-dah than me, at least in this area. ;-)












On a side note, here is a little conversation with Jensen this morning: I was putting on some perfume and he asked, "What is that?" "Perfume. It's for girl's." "I like boy perfume better because it's curly and dancey." (Said while doing a jig.) I gotta get me some of that perfume.


6 comments:

ABranch said...

*trying to figure out what "curly and dancey" would smell like*

BTW- Thanks for all of the boxes! We are doing a great job of filling them up! :)

Patricia Kay said...

So how do you do a "cutting"? I am thinking you should do one for your wonderful sister. That would be me. They are so lovely! My roses are finally blooming. We are a bit behind in the warm weather area.

Patricia Kay said...

Jensen is a hoot, I think.

Patricia Kay said...

and that is all. Plus he is very funny.

Mindy said...

What a stunning rose!! Love the beautiful color of the Lucy!!

Stizz said...

I wish I could take your roses off the computer and put them in my back yard... it'd be a lot easier than growing them myself and I'd be la de dah too. :)