So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Project Phenomenal

I mentioned earlier that I am a fan of Project Runway. I am also a fan of creativity and talent in others. Have you noticed that there is something amazing in everyone you meet. So much to learn from each other and so little time....But I digress. The great thing about the show Project Runway is watching the genius of designers expressed with so little time. How do they do that? I am an average seamstress, but I find joy in the attempt. I often start a project, rarely finish, but keep trying anyway. When I am gearing up to sew something, I put on Project Runway to motivate me. I even tried my hand at designing my own dress. The material was to die for, the design, well, it was just plain dead. Didn't quite turn out. Wore it a few times and then donated it to a second hand store. Still, the thrill is still smoldering inside of me and it ignites everytime I watch a Project Runway episode. Hmm...I feel my creative juices flowin' just thinking about it. Maybe I'll go finish something.

This dress took only
two days to design and sew!
What?!!
There were two working on it
though, but still! Wow!


Here is an Indian style dress
I finished thanks to PR, it took over a week and came with a pattern, but hey..(Special thanks to my
sexy model, Stephanie)

1 comment:

Leslie Moseley said...

I used to sew with a friend of mine. We'd each take different parts of the garment and it would go real fast.

I also wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with Matthew today. We had a nice chat and then he offered to get me some refreshments. What a gentleman!