So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wintery White

Yesterday morning, my 3 year old son jumped on my bed and squealed "It's Christmas!" "It is, is it," I replied. "Yes! Just look outside!" he said as he pulled me to the window. It had snowed during the night and the world was a wintery white. If I had awaken to this on my own, my first reaction would have been, "Urgh. It snowed," with thoughts of shoveling and piles of boots and wet gloves. Seeing it through my son's enthusiasm reminded me of the beauty of the seasons. There is a special peace and calm that can come with a blanket of white, as well as a bit of excitement too. So, thanks to my son, I started the day happy instead of bummed.

1 comment:

Patricia Kay said...

I love how snow can bring a silence to the world. So often with the constant demands on my time and the noise of the day I don't realize I miss silence. After is snows it seems to force everyone to calm down for just a minute and take a look around. It muffles the sounds and gives my ears a needed rest at least until the kids wake up.