So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Joy of a Bargain

My husband says that I save more money when things are full price. A truer statement was never made. When things are regular price, I'm not tempted a bit. But put a clearance sale or 75% off sign in front of me and I can't bare the temptation! What is this twisty yellow head band thingy? Who knows....but it was only $1.97!! Thankfully I'm usually only drawn to useful and needed items, so I don't waste much on sales (my gift to my hubby...I know, I know...I'm a sweetie).

Today I received an email from Amazon.com that let me check out their MP3 players and MP3 downloads. I clicked. And what to my wondering eyes did appear, but Lily Allen's new CD, the clean version of course, for only $3.99! Cool! I'll get that. Then under that was a list of Various Artist CD's for FREE! So, I spent 30 or 40 minutes "buying" free songs. Oh, what a beautiful morning! An hour or so later I checked back and many of the free songs were 99cents. Wow! Did I luck out or what! I guess Amazon does this frequently, so give it a look now and then for the thrill of FREE!

3 comments:

Maghann said...

Luuuucckeeee! I want her album for only $3.99! I'ma gonna have to check that out :-)

ABranch said...

I had many many smiles while reading your posts! Thanks! I look forward to reading, learning, and sharing the happenings in your life. Oh and I hope to see pictures of your roses when they bloom. I have yet to see them in full bloom and I live just around the corner.

tink said...

Angie, the roses at the top of the page are actually a bunch from my garden a few years ago. Are they gorgeous or what! =)