So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Music by Birds, Bees, and Plants

My taste in music is very eclectic. To someone other than me, there may seem no rhyme or reason to my preferences. The key to what I enjoy is how the song makes me feel. I don't care for music that makes me feel uncomfortable or, in technical terms: "ucky". Easy as that. Raising Sand came out last year, but I gave it a listen after the grammys, and was pleased at what I heard. Robert Plant could use a make over, but hey, you don't have to look at him when you listen to his music (often a blessing) . The songs are different from what's out there and simply put...I like it.

I discovered The Bird And The Bee last spring and they have become one of my favorite groups. Inara George has a lovely voice and their sound is very retro with a 60's flair; again, something new. Their new album Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future came out the end of January. Give it a listen. It will make you happy.



1 comment:

Stizz said...

Yeah Dave and I were surprised when Raising Sand kept winning Grammys. I'll have to check it out... though I already have a bitter taste in my mouth since they beat out some of the other nominees I wanted to win. :)