So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time to Thank

We've been trying to teach our children to feel gratitude, even when things aren't going their way. I think that's tough for all of us. A friend and I started talking the other day about random things we would really miss if they were gone. I decided that today I would write a list of a few things I am truly thankful for and maybe have overlooked.
In no particular order: toilet paper (my luck, I'd choose poison ivy as tissue if I had to rely on the leaves and other non-tissue choices); feminine supplies; pain killer (I'd literally be dead without it...cesarean and no pain killer...I don't think so); nonsensical songs of toddlers; the color lavender; European chocolates; indoor plumbing and drinkable water; comic strips such as "Zits" and "Foxtrot"; recipe books; take out; the fact that I still have my own teeth; the ability for logical reasoning; when people laugh at my jokes; getting a card in the mail; beautiful stationary; the invention of the printing press; photos of my children; any sign of appreciation; sitting with my siblings reminiscing about all our crazy antics;.....the list goes on and on.
What is on your list? Make one and you'll feel happy.

2 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

I must add 75% off sales and a sister who can find awesome deals. I could list all the modern day conviences like dishwashers, washing machines, indoor plumbing, modern medicine, but a few of the not so usual conviences like friends who are intelligent (family is included since we were taught to make our family our friends),how exercise can change our body shape with out me understanding how, spring, a good book, hale, fireplaces, and pens preloaded with ink to name a few. I also love new crayons with pointy tops.

Migaloo said...

I like that you mention new crayons with pointy tops...I like those too; they are rare in my house.