So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Then I made a Cape

Okay, now that I had the perfect hat I decided I MUST have the perfect cape to go with it.  Actually, I had started making a cape for last year's costume and ran out of time.  So, in September I pull out my supplies from last year and got started, and what do you know......I didn't buy enough of the absolutely amazing fabric I wanted to line the cape with.  I went back to the store and of course they no longer carry this fabric.  Well, it was just too divine to toss, nothing even came close to its diviness, so I "made it work" (to quote Tim from Project Runway).  The cape is totally reversible and even without my fancy-smancy hat, the hood is fun to wear and makes me oh so mysterioso.  
So here I am in all my glory off to Emily's fabulous party.  She out does herself every year and I had a wonderful time.  (I've included a photo of my spooky cupcakes that I brought.)

2 comments:

Stizz said...

That cape looks awesome! See...watching Project Runway IS good for something other than entertainment. :) I would love to go to Emily's party just to see all the costumes...and eat the food. ;)

Unknown said...

Great cape and hat- you are so talented-thanks so much for coming to help, visit, and get to know us. You are a woman of many talents!~- LOVE those cupcakes, too- so adorable.