So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm really 73

Here we are smiling at the top of the mountain, oblivious to the pain ahead. Ignorance is bliss.
Wednesday Joseph and I went skiing one last time this season. It was my second time this year and third time since I was 16. Needless to say, I pretty much suck. I went down a green three times and discovered I'm MUCH older than the calendar says. For awhile I thought I was getting it down. But pride comes before the fall they say, and that's exactly what happened. I was going to fast, caught an edge and took a fall. I landed wrong on my ankle and snippety snap, I broke it. Thanks to nice medics, I got patched up and should recover in 3 to 4 weeks. I think I'll stick to the bunny/baby slopes.

2 comments:

nettelyn said...

So sorry for you! Getting injured is the worst.

ABranch said...

LOL! I have been out of town. Sorry I missed this. You are too funny!