So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reaching New Heights

Back in February we got the siding replaced on our house. We didn't put the drain pipes back up because I wanted to spray them a dark green to match the shutters, and I couldn't do that until I sanded and painted the eaves the same dark green. In our home a big project means waiting months to get started, so now, at the end of August, we decided to get to it.
While at Home Depot getting paint, I saw a $5 oops paint perfect for the kids' playhouse, so I threw that job into the mix. We finished the playhouse in a day (thanks to hard working children), and the eaves will be done in 7. If you need a good exercise program, try holding a sander for 2 hours while dangling over the edge of a roof...it really works the muscles. I've spent hours on this tedius project and although I never want to climb a ladder again (well, at least until it's time for Christmas lights), I like how it looks. Come visit and see for yourself.

5 comments:

ABranch said...

Sanding with the kids, making a big project bigger...sounds familiar. :)

Your home looks awesome! I can not wait to see it.

Maghann said...

Who's that hot chick hanging off the roof? :) The house looks great, Teresa...nice job!

Migaloo said...

Believe it or not, the kids were a huge help as a whole, especially the teenagers. And the picture of me is almost token since Teresa ended up doing most of the work on the eaves.

Stizz said...

Good job! I bet the finished product looks great, plus it always looks better when you know you made it look that way. :) Good job putting your kids to work and helping them learn the value in it (even if you may have heard some complaints along the way and if you didn't hear any...awesome!). :)

Patricia Kay said...

House painter, check.
One more skill to add to the list of "Teresa's many achievements". Way to go!