So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Evening with English Beat

Tuesday night Paul and I went to see English Beat in concert at the Depot downtown. Good times; good memories; sore muscles after 2 1/2 hours of jumping and dancing. If you speak with me this week and I don't answer it's because I stood right at the stage in front of the guitar amp speaker. We got to speak with Mike, the lead singer, and he even waved to me...oooo! A gal behind us was celebrating her birthday and Paul got Mike to give her a guitar pick...Mike said it was the first time he had ever done that. (Yes, my hubby can be very persuasive.) We had a fabulous time reliving the "good ol' days" while hearing some awesome tunes.

2 comments:

Maghann said...

Such cute dorks you are!! ;) just kidding. Glad you guys had a fun night!

Stizz said...

That's so cool! Concerts are the best! How awesome that you were right in front and got to talk to Mike...awesome for him too since he was talking to such a cool couple. :) And that was nice of Paul to use his skills to get that girl a birthday gift. :)