So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Paul and I took a quick trip to Las Vegas last week for a little R&R. We left on Father's day and stayed at Westgate resort through Wednesday. Thanks to great kids, all went well.
Some highlights:
All the bakeries! We had french flan that was so close to what we had in Paris it was a happy memory.

We went to the Cirque de Soliel Mystere. And a kind salesman gave us a 2 for one coupon that saved us $120! Always a bonus.
Relaxing with my sweetie.
Listening to a superb cover band, Isis, at a lounge in the Bellagio hotel and watching the water show off the lounge balcony. We spent a lot of our time at Bellagio. I really like this hotel.
Watching an artist paint STUNNING pictures all with spraypaint. (We would have bought one, but the unsold ones were still wet and we couldn't get it safely home. bummer)
Seeing the largest chocolate fountain in the world! Yummy!






This is my new favorite flower seen in the Bellagio's Conservatory Garden: Tillandsia Cyanea - Anita.

4 comments:

Stizz said...

Fun, fun, fun! Your pictures are great and make me want to go to Vegas too...but only if you were there as my guide. :) You could show me all the best bakeries. Glad you guys had some time to relax together...and yes, great coupons are always a bonus.

ABranch said...

Look at the great life you lead (too)! LOL! What a wonderful vacation with your sweetie! I have never done a true vegas vacation. I blame the red hills that surround it. I am always drawn to them whenever I am there. :) One day though I will see what it is all about. Mmmm giant chocolate fountain!

Migaloo said...

Can't think of a better way to spend my days in Vegas than with my girl.

Maghann said...

Fun!!What a treat to get out and away. I love the Bellagio's garden. It's super pretty. Glad you guys had fun!