So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Funky Florence

One of the songs on the Eclipse cd is by Florence + the Machine, (which is mainly a crazy, free, bizarre girl from London with occasional extras). I checked her out and I really like some of her music. She uses the harp frequently in her songs, which I love. It's cool to hear an unconventional instrument in modern music. I think my favorite song is "Hurricane Drunk" - a desperate for love/rejection song, but you can totally feel what she's expressing. Plus it makes me want to get up and dance and be free. You can check it out at:

2 comments:

Stizz said...

Thanks for the new music review. I like hearing new stuff. :) And you're right it is kinda cool to hear the harp in her songs. The chorus to the one you shared is catchy.

ABranch said...

Ohh! I like it! Have you seen the movie yet? Its the first one Casi and I wont see opening night. I love the excitement of the crowds. LOL! Anyways, if you need a partner to see it with Casi and I are open for next week.