So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Monday, June 7, 2010

So Sassy This Sack

My friend Melissa is an interior designer at a high end design store. She has given me many of the fabric samples that are discarded after a season ends and they get new fabrics. I have been able to use them for various things. Now I'm on a green bag kick, so I decided to make bags out of these fabric samples. It has taken me awhile to decide how to piece the fabrics together and what design I wanted to use. The samples aren't big enough to use by themselves, so I have to put together several fabrics and it takes some time to decide what works together. I finally finished my first one. Here it is in all its glory! (Notice all the handy pockets...so clever.)

4 comments:

ABranch said...

Wow! That is really cool. I just love the red accent interior (and the pockets too!). You have so many talents. I have tried to sew a few things but...

Maghann said...

You are so Thrifty, Teresay darling! Very innovative :) I love that you thought to make them pockets! Sorry I didn't get to see them in person when you called but they look great :)

Mindy said...

I simply love your bag! How clever! I am definitely going to have to try making one!!

Stizz said...

I love the colors. You did a great job!