So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Little Too Inviting?

As I've said before, I feel that I have created a peaceful yard. I love that birds, animals and, of course friends and family enjoy coming to visit. My eagle-eye, wasp nest expert son, Joseph, found this "little" house in our tree a few months ago. As the leaves have begun to fall, Paul was able to get a good photo of this wasp nest. It is over a foot tall and about 10 inches across. I don't even want to think about how many visitors are housed in it. I do have an open door policy for my yard, but I must admit, this nest does make me consider perhaps installing a few "rules". =)

3 comments:

Maghann said...

Eek!!!

Stizz said...

Man I can't believe how big it is. I have a good picture of all the guys looking up at it at the same time...it's a pretty impressive
"house". :)

Patricia Kay said...

Yikes! However this would be so tempting to Jusitn. He loves to exterminate wasps. Its about the only hunting he enjoys. Might be because there isn't any hiking involved.