So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Last week for family night we went to the pumpkin field on 9oth. I love the look of all those pumpkins spread out, row after row. Everything about it has the feel of fall. We walked the entire length of the field, enjoying the colors, odd shapes, and each other's company. When we got to the end, we finally had our choices. Last night we carved them. Only Matt chose a "typical" pumpkin face. Jensen wanted a transformer, Joseph had to have KITT from "Knight Rider" (the 1980's version, no less) and Nadine delicately drew her little Piglet on her tiny pumpkin. All in all, a fun and fabulous Halloween tradition!








4 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

Wow! These are quite impressive. Did you draw them on yourselves or did you use a template? We went to the pumpkin patch yesturday for FHE.

Maghann said...

Yay!! I love doing that too!! Every year my entire family gets together and we have a big pumpkin carving night. I can't wait! Sounds like you guys had super frightful good time ;)

Stizz said...

Man, it's been FOREVER since I've carved a pumpkin. I like the carving, but hate the cleaning up afterward. Plus then I leave it outside on the steps until like Christmas, then we get letters from our HOA about how we need to clean up our roten steps...now that I think about it, I should carve a pumpkin this year. :) Plus I've never been to a pumpkin patch, what the?!

Mindy said...

Those are some pretty snazzy pumpkins!