So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Toast to Summer

I can't believe that summer is almost over! The children go back to school on Monday. I will actually miss them. A great way to toast a wonderful season is to sip a cool drink. So here are tips for yummy drinks: freeze fruit, throw it in a blender with a small container of berry yogurt, 8-10 ice cubes (more or less) and 2 cups of apple juice and wah-la, yumminess in a glass.
Or make hot chocolate before bed, freeze half in an ice cube try and put the other the refrigerator. The next day put them both in the blender with 8-10 ice cubes and a little milk if needed, and frozen "hot" chocolate!
I LOVE frozen drinks! Sooooo.....
For an end of summer give-away, tell me your favorite summer drink and you'll be entered to win a $10 Jamba Juice gift card!! What a great way to end the season!
(drawing held Aug. 27th @ 1pm)

4 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

I love throwing fresh fruit in the blender with sorbet. Delicious! Now I just need to learn how to share.

ABranch said...

I am a red wine drinker but in the summer I love whites! Its a tempeperature and sweet thing. Whites are served colder and I tend to like sweeter whites. For me summer drinks need to be sweet and COLD!

I also recently found a new drink; an Arnold Palmer (iced tea and lemonade). YUMMY!

Nadine said...

I enjoy all of the amazing drinks you make for tea parties and as special treats mom! One thing that I love to do once in a while is put about 10 raspberries in milk, crush and maybe stir them up with a bit of sugar...and then drink it ^_^

Stizz said...

When I was younger, I'd pick whatever berries I could find (we grew strawberries and raspberries and there were always blackberries and marrionberris and sometimes huckleberries) then I'd put them in a little sandwhich bag and poured in some Sprite, smashed them up, cut off the bottom corner and enjoyed. I don't know why but it was so good. :)
Since we got our awesome blender I love making a smoothie that has frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, and a few frozen blueberris, with a little apple juice, vanilla yogurt, honey, a fresh (never frozen) banana, and ice...delicious. And, I better win because there are no Jamba Juices here and I'm coming up to UT in Sept so I can use it then...I've missed that place...soooo good!