So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Love You Franck

Well, at least I love his food. It's delectable.
Our love affair started back in February when Paul and I went to the french restaurant, Franck's. It was a heavenly culinary experience! The next month Fox 13 had $50 certificates to Franck's for $25...we bought two. Last night we used our last one. I'm going to go through withdrawals.
You'll pay more than an average restaurant, but what you get is so divine and sooo worth it! Last night we started with mussels for an appetizer. They came with pommes frites (french fries). I've never had mussels, and Franck's were delicious! On our first visit Paul persuaded me to have escargot. They came in a basil sauce with puff pastry and as long as I didn't think about what I was eating, they were very tasty.
We always choose the soup over the salad. Franck's soups are phenomenal! Last night's soup was a berry horseradish soup. How does he come up with these combinations? That's one thing I need to learn - to know what flavors would compliment each other. These two did in a most amazing way. You'd taste the berry first and then get a warm touch at the end from the horseradish. I've tried to recreate his soups but they elude me. Urggh!
For my entre'e I had strawberry glazed chicken and lobster with tender baby carrots and marinaded peaches. Delicious! (My good friend Paul Budd would say, "Oh, you mean chicken and vegetables." lol) We were quite full, but decided to finish the meal with Franck's handmade butterscotch hazelnut ice cream. Superb.
Ahh, a night dreams are made of. How will I survive until we go again?

8 comments:

Maghann said...

You are so funny Teresa. I still think you are crazy for the escargo but whatever :) And Paul would totally say that!! How are you doing, by the way? Any problems you've encountered in getting started for the day? :)

tink said...

I'm barely hanging on...it's touch and go...still waiting for survival chocolate.....

Maghann said...

It's coming, I swear! A little bird told me your birthday is coming up soon :)

ABranch said...

I am foaming at the mouth. That ALL sounded so yum!

Stizz said...

So does this guy only have a place in UT? I'm intrigued...is his food that good or are you just really good at describing things? :) I'm glad you had such a good night together...may you have many more. :)

tink said...

Thanks for the compliment on my description abilities, but yes, his food is that good.

Patricia Kay said...

You really should be a food critic or advertiser. I love to try new food. This sounds like an adventure.

Mindy said...

This place sounds SO HEAVENLY!! Shawn and I will have to try it sometime!!