So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Soooo Slimey

I was cleaning out the flower beds last week and I came across what looked like insect eggs at first glance. I wasn't quite sure what type they were. Spider? Hmmm. I scooped them up and got out the camera. In the process of trying to get a shot, I lost some. Hmmm, they must have been bumped and fell. Upon closer inspection, no, they weren't bumped, they crawled! I suppose you could say they slimed away, because they were baby snails! No way! No wonder my plants are getting chomped to pieces! (They are the white egglike circles in the photo. Blech! and yet, so amazing.)

2 comments:

ABranch said...

OMG! They are so tiny and cute (and a bit disgusting). LOL!

We found the largest slug I have ever seen at our home. It was the color of wood mulch and had spots on its face. It took me a while before I got up the nerve to touch it. It was pretty cool.!

Stizz said...

Yuck! I hope none of them crawled onto you. Though they are small, I'm sure they can cause a lot of damage. Good thing you found them. I'm sure Brynn would love these little guys. :)