So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

You Scream, I Scream....

Today the weather got nice and toasty. After weeks of rain and complaining, you'd think we'd all celebrate, but instead we're moaning about the heat...sitting under the cooler, dreaming of cold drinks, ice cream and dips in the pool. I guess there's something to enjoy in each type of weather. Today I salute cool rainy days...while enjoying my ice cream cone.

Here's a recipe for a great summer drink:
Mango Limeade
2 frozen mangos (previously cut and frozen)
1/3 cup lime juice
1/2 cup sugar (more or less)
Made up frozen pink lemonade concentrate
Or limeade, or normal lemonade
6-8 ice cubes

Fill blender half way up with pink lemonade. Add frozen mangos, lime juice, and sugar. Blend until smooth. Add ice cubes and blend until finely chopped. Enjoy. (You can add sprite to each glass when serving if desired.)

5 comments:

Maghann said...

I testify to the absolute yumminess of this drink!! Thanks again for coming over and helping us AND bringing us this super yummy totally awesome summer drink!

Patricia Kay said...

We always love trying Teresa Treats. We'll let you know the results of our taste test.

ABranch said...

I am writing my shopping list right now.

Mangos (Frozen)
Limeade

K! Got it!

Alysia said...

Hi there!

Just wanted to tell you that I loved seeing you guys at our wedding. It meant so much. Hope all is well. Alysia

Mindy said...

MMMMMmmmm. I do LOVE this recipe! I have made it several times! It's so yummy!! You are definitely the QUEEN of Summer drinks!!