So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, July 31, 2009

My, It IS Grand

Our second stop of our trip was at the Grand Canyon. It is truly an amazing site to behold! Nadine continued to be a trooper and hobble around with us, but here, the trails weren't as steep as Bryce - there's NO way I'm letting 5 boys try a trail down the Grand Canyon! We camped for two nights at a National Campground across the street from Jacob Lake Inn, where I worked after my freshman year in college. The kids reluctantly, but sportingly adjusted to no-plumbing-toilets (Jensen: "It stinks in here!") and were really helpful setting up camp and watching out for each other. It POURED the first night, but we survived.
We spent the day admiring God's creation and then most of us returned at night to see a bit of the sunset across the canyon. It was a beautiful day.

No comments: