So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Beautiful, Bewitching, Bryce








On July 20th, two vans full of 9 enthusiastic kids, and 2 frazzled looking- but excited adults, headed out of the Salt Lake valley for southern skies. We were lucky to have 3 nephews from Idaho and 3 nieces from Florida along with us. I have been to many canyons, but none has mesmerized me like Bryce Canyon. It is an alien land on earth. The course of nature develops formations and colors that are truly stunning! I LOVE this place.
Our trip started out with a BANG when Nadine ran down the hill when we first arrived, tripped, and tore up her knees and scraped up various other body parts. The Park Rangers were called because of the amount of blood. They cleaned her up nicely (unfortunately she didn't get the cutie-batootie young men, but the girl ranger and married fellow did just fine). We had lunch and then started off for the second time. Due to Nadine's injuries we didn't do any long hikes, but because she's a good sport, we did part of a few amazing trails, and even hiked to the bottom. This is the third time I've been to Bryce, and I was just as awestruck as the first time. I advise you all to go. It's well worth the trip.

3 comments:

ABranch said...

What a GREAT trip (even with the "stuck in the sand" story). ;)Beautiful pictures!

Migaloo said...

We just call her "Blood n Guts" Edmunds, now.

Maghann said...

All the pictures are gorgeaous!! (well, except for Nadine's knee...poor girl). What amazing views and sites. I have never been to that canyon before, or anywhere that you just posted about actually. I am going to have to put that on my to do list for shizzle!!