So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fair Fiona

I walked into the kitchen tonight to see our dog Sophie with her nose pushed up against the screen door. This is what was looking back at her. It seems our neighbors got a new pet ferret, Fiona. I must admit that ferrets freak me out ever since an albino ferret crawled up my bed, under the covers, on my first night at a new home on my mission. I felt something moving and then a big rat-like animal popped its head out right at my nose. I screamed, grabbed it, and threw it across the room. I only felt slightly sorry. It had no business in my bed. It wasn't hurt, which was good, but it never visited my bed again. But to this day ferrets and I have an arm-lengths relationship.

No comments: