So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Coven of Witches

Saturday was the annual Witches' Tea hosted by my dear friend Emily. She is THE best hostess and her home is full of the Halloween atmosphere. This is one of the highlights of my year and I thrill in planning what to wear and what scrumptious morsel I will create (I made a panna cotta and topped them with chocolate webs I had made ~ so lah-de-dah). Last year I was the "hot" bad witch, so this year I went as a "good" witch. (Emily got these fantastic witchy shoes for the occasion.)
After the party I stopped by JoAnn Fabrics to get some material before the sale ended that night. I could tell that everyone was looking at me while appearing not to look. Cracked me up. While I was waiting in line, a couple was at the register buying material. They had thought it was on sale and found out they had chosen the wrong style. It was going to cost much more than they planned. I stepped up and asked if they could use my 50% off coupon. They were sooo pleased and thanked me repeatedly and said, "That was SO nice of you!" I leaned closer, pointed to my shirt, and replied, "Well, I am the good witch." Everyone laughed, even the people in line. I loved it. It was like they were given permission to acknowledge the strange lady near them...and yet I had a humorous insanity so everything was going to be okay. It was such a perfect scenario. It can be fun to step out of one's comfort zone.
All in all it was a bewitching night. Thanks Emily!

4 comments:

buttercup said...

I saw that there is a witch's tea at the Grand America this weekend. I was going to tell you about it, but it looks like you had an even better time. How fun!

ABranch said...

That sounds like so much fun! You are such a cute "good" witch. Where did you get your arm thingys?

tink said...

I got my finger-less gloves at Shopko, but they are at all the Halloween Stores that pop up in Oct.

Maghann said...

I love it!! You are too funny! Leave it to you to make everyone laugh in a store while they are wondering who the crazy lady is! ha ha. You looked so fabulous - thanks for coming by and sharing your fabulousness!