So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Off To School

My youngest is now in kindergarten! It's a bit odd to have a son that's a senior and a son that's a kindergartener.
Jensen was sober and excited the first day of school. He came home and said he didn't make any friends, that he didn't play with anyone at recess because no one knows how to play Yu-gi-oh, and that it was boring. Soooo, I could tell at once we were off to a great start.We barely make it to school on time because he eats his breakfast soooo sloooooow. Lately he has said he had a good day at school, so maybe he'll make it to first grade. We often stop at my mom's home after school because she lives across the street. My purpose is to share his day with his granny; his purpose is to get an ice cream bar, but I suppose both reasons have their advantages.

3 comments:

Maghann said...

Ha Ha!! I love that. No one knows how to play Yu-gi-oh. He cracks me up! Your boys are growin' up!

Patricia Kay said...

It sounds like Jensen and Preston have quite a lot in common. All you have to do is substitute Indiana Jones for Yu-gi-oh. The kid next to Jensen looks like he is really happy to be there too.

Stizz said...

Who wouldn't want to be friends with that cool kid? :) He'll just have to teach the kids how to play Yu-gi-oh...but then again, I'm not sure how they'll like his rules. :)