So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Chuckle for You

If you ever have a time when you pull an "idiot", here's something to make you feel better. A friend of mine called tonight. Paul answered the phone and then handed it to me. I took it how he handed it and started talking. I could hardly hear her! I kept saying, "You need to speak a little louder, I can't hear you." I could tell she was now yelling and I still could barely hear her. She must have a bad phone or we must have a bad connection, I thought. When the conversation was over, I realized I had the phone upside down the entire time. I'm such an idiot! I had a good laugh at that, and thought I'd share.

5 comments:

ABranch said...

LOL!I am trying to think of an "idiot" story but I can not remember one. I have probably repressed the memories.

Maghann said...

Wow - You take the cake an the 'idiot' award!! That is hilarious!!!

Stizz said...

HAHAHA I can't believe you made it through a full conversation without noticing. Thank you for helping me not feel so bad about the times I am an "idiot". :) Though you may feel dumb, at least it makes for a good laugh. :)

Patricia Kay said...

Was Paul aware of fact you were holding the phone upside down? I must thank you for sharing. I needed a good laugh to realize some holiday tension.

Migaloo said...

I handed her the phone over her shoulder, holding it naturally for me which put it upside-down for her. As I walked away and she beagn talking, my mind said, "she never turned it over," but I figured she was just really quick and did do it. Found out I wss wrong a few minutes later.