So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ladder of Gratitude

This week I have really been aware of how much I have. This is truly the land of plenty, and my life is beyond blessed. I thought I would write a Gratitude Ladder - you know, when you think of one thing and it leads to another, and so on and so on. So here goes:
I am thankful for a healthy body, which makes me think of:
I am thankful for arms and legs that can move:
and the ability to process information and learn new skills:
the chance to teach myself new cooking skills:
food:
all kinds of food:
the smell of baking bread and how a smoothie feels going down your throat:
how salt can inhance the flavor of food:
that I don't have to hunt for or scavenge for food:
I have shelter from the cold:
Paul has a job to pay the heating bill:
my husband is alive and is my dearest friend:
unexpected letters from old friends:
technology that allows us to communicate in a blink of an eye:
technology that allows a little boy to live with only half a heart:
generosity of others:
late night conversations with loved ones:
a quiet moment to myself:
good books:
deep sleep:
and on and on.......
You might want to write a ladder of your own. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

4 comments:

Patricia Kay said...

I love this idea. Thank you for sharing this with me. You are blessed but you bless so many other peoples life as well.

Maghann said...

What an awesome idea! I always do that in my head but never thought about writing it down. It's funny how your thoughts can go from one thing to something completely else but your like "Hey! I never thought about that!" And then your glad that you did so that you can be grateful for that, too!! Btw...I am super grateful that you are super awesome and became friends with me!! :)

jkubalek said...

I enjoyed this at our thanksgiving dinner...although I don't think anyone really understood why I said "I am thankful that where we live is relatively safe", after mom said that she was thankful for relatives. I know the idea isn't to play on words...but I thought it worked.:)

Stizz said...

That's a fun way to stop and think about the good things in life. There are days that I need to do that, not just on Thanksgiving...it helps the day go a little better. :)