So much of what we hear about today is gloom and doom. I decided to create a blog where I and others can come for a little bit of happiness and maybe even laughter...it truly can be the best medicine. I hope these entries share a smile or two. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Small and Great

One of my favorite scriptures says, by small and simple means great things are brought to pass. You can see the truth of this all around us. The great oak tree comes from a small acorn. A constant drip of water can bore a hole through a large boulder...and the list goes on. (Even a "little" lie can ruin a reputation, leaving me to ponder that perhaps all we do is significant in some way.) At this time of year, my mind naturally goes to Jesus Christ. From a small infant, whose birth we celebrate, grew a man with amazing self-control and deep compassion who became the Saviour of the world. To honor him, we could look for small ways to serve that can make a great impact on another's life ~ extend common courtesies, respond tenderly even under stress...give a little Christmas to each other all year through. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

ABranch said...

Beautifully written. Merry Christmas to you too.